Home removals are stressful, there’s no doubt about that. In fact, moving house is considered to be one of the most stressful times of a person’s life. Those who’ve undergone house removals in the past will be able to testify to that. It’s very often a long and arduous process. But it has to be done.
A lot of people would say that moving to or from Ealing makes things even trickier. Ealing is the nation’s capital. It’s home to 8.7 million people. It’s a thriving, bustling city. Things move at a fast rate. This could contribute to the stress and anxiety of a move. The capital’s streets are also smaller, narrower than country roads for example. Again, this could prove to be a hindrance if you’re moving to or from Ealing.
There’s plenty you need to see to when planning a move to or from Ealing. You need to move everything out of your current house. You’ve got to make sure your new abode is ready for you to move into. You’ve got to notify all the relevant people and authorities regarding your change of address. Then you’ve also got to take those who are moving with you into account. Doing everything to make the move for your family progress as smoothly as possible is an important factor of any move.
There’s one thing you can do to ensure your move to Ealing becomes a great deal easier, easier to handle. Get an expert removals company on board and moving day, and the process as a whole, including the days leading up to the big move, will progress a lot smoother.
Hiring an expert removal company, finding the right company to take you to Ealing, isn’t as simple as just looking through the phone directory and picking the first company you come across. There are plenty of things that you need to take into consideration when choosing such a company. Here are five things to keep in mind when choosing moving services for your move:
- Give yourself plenty of time and do your research. It’s amazing how many people leave choosing a company for their home removal up until the last minute. It’s a major decision but for some reason people put it off. Do your research and do so well in advance of the move. This means you’ll be able to thoroughly vet the company. You won’t be pressurised due to time constraints to make a decision. Make a shortlist of companies and call them up, ask plenty of questions. Another reason why you should leave yourself plenty of time for this, is that the top removal companies tend to be pretty busy, be booked up well in advance. If you want a top moving company on board for your move, you’re going to have to give them notice.
- The top house moving companies should be willing to give you an assessment. Most will visit your home or ask for photographic evidence. This shows they’re taking their job seriously and will offer you an accurate quote.
- Are you going to go with a specialist house moving company or alternatively hire a man and van service? Both will get you from A to B. There are merits to choosing both. It all depends on the type of move you’re undertaking. If your move is a pretty big move, you’re moving house and are taking lots of large items of furniture with you, then choosing a moving company would be your best bet. Such companies should also be your number one choice if you’re moving any delicate items. But, if your move is medium to small scale, you’re not moving that much, and most of your items are going to be boxed, then hiring a man with a van is something you should consider. They’re not specialists but will do the job. You’ll also be able to save yourself some cash because they’ll be available to hire at a cheaper rate.
- Ask the company if you can save some cash by taking care of certain things yourself. For example, if you pack, help them load the van, etc. will you be able to get some pounds knocked off the bill? Also, ask if you could save cash by moving home on a certain day. Some days, such as weekends, are busier and therefore will be more expensive for you.
- Do they have happy customers? There’s a simple way to find out if the company you’re considering using are any good. You can’t always take what such companies write on their websites seriously. After all, they want to sell you a service. But looking for reviews on third party websites will give you a good indication as to whether or not the removal company is decent.