Do you have narrow dining hall?
In a narrow dining hall you cannot put a rectangular table without sacrificing free movement. Additionally it will look so cluttered that you’ll wish you had trimmed the sides, if only for the sake of moving around it. A clever solution to this problem is buying a narrow table and keeping it flush against the wall. You can put some bar stools instead of regular chairs and it will serve two functions – as a dining table and a bar. But this arrangement means you can only sit on one side of the table – not really an ideal layout for a large family, but cosy enough for a small family. You save a lot of space by using this arrangement.
Drop leaf dining table
If you feel that narrow dining tables with bar stools are too uncomfortable, how about going for a drop leaf table?Again,this can be set against a wall. If you want, you can extend it. Drop leaf tables come in a variety of designs. You can find oval, round, or rectangular. There are some drop leaf tables that come with foldable chairs. You can hide them inside the table when they are not required. This again saves a lot of space.
In your endeavour to furnish a small dining room, you may end up with a cluttered look unless you consider these points:
1. Scale of your room: Scale is an extremely important factor to consider when you are furnishing a small dining place. Basically your dining furniture has to be scaled according to the space you have.
2. Choose light or neutral colours: It is easy to accessorize light or neutral colours. You can choose bold colours to complement the space. You can go for a bold colour scheme if you want to be adventurous. But a safer approach is going for light or neutral coloured dining tables. It is also possib
le that this approach may lack excitement.
3. What should be the shape of the table?For a small dining room, your best pick is a round dining table. But you can choose a table with an extension leaf if you have more space. Otherwise a round table in a square room is perfect.
4. Use mirrors: Mirrors are the best friends of a small room. Not only do they reflect light, they create the illusion of a large space. When used strategically, they can bring superb effect. Installing mirrors on the wall beside the dining table will not only make the room brighter but also give the illusion of double the space.
5. Chairs: Armless chairs are great for small rooms, as they require less spacecompared to armchairs. Pick chairs that are slender.
Small spaces are a challenge when it comes to furnishing them. It is essential that you focus on what is necessary and let go of what isn’t. If you follow the basic interior design principles mentioned above, your dining space will look great.