Cleaning, for most of us, is a dreaded responsibility. We all want to come home to a house that is squeaky clean and smelling fresh. Unfortunately, with all the things that are going on with our lives, the crazy schedules and deadlines we have to meet, and all the other excuses we make to avoid this painful chore, house-cleaning seems to be taken for granted. Luckily, there are natural hacks on how to overcome this.
These are some of the simple tips and tricks anyone can do for a clean and classy home:
- Create a schedule and a cleaning checklist. By getting organized, you will be able to prioritize the most critical things and lessen your load. Create a list where you can schedule cleaning days. Make a separate checklist for the spaces that need regular cleaning, and those places that you can clean once a week, monthly and so on. You don’t have to clean every day, as long as one of the rules in your house is claygo- clean as you go, then it will prevent home being messy.
- Make use of elegant storage for easy organization of toys, makeup and other trinkets for easy use and clean up. You can purchase glass containers where you can put them on display while keeping your items in storage. You can also use fancy or DIY labels to make it more elegant and classy.
- Dispose of the things you do not need. You can do this by giving them out, selling them, or just throwing them out as thrash. If you think you can’t part with some items like memorabilia, place them in storage but makes sure to have them organized.
- Always make your bed. Making your bed is the simplest and easiest way to be organized. Every day, after you get up, make it to a point to make your bed. It’s not much exercise but is still a productive activity.
- Take the initiative to pick up anything you get to see in a place it doesn’t belong. You’ll be surprised at how much mess you’re able to clean up when you learn this habit.
- Clean up and organize room per room. It may take you a while, but every time you get a chance to clean, even if it’s just for an hour or so, try to pick a room to clean.
- Arrange items according to use. Designate a space for everything you have. All makeup and skin care items are placed neatly on your bathroom counter if that’s where you always use them. Invest in command hooks, cabinets, containers or shelves and place items according to usage.
- Always clean up after usage. Done eating a meal? Load up your dishes in the dishwasher, and don’t leave them in the sink. Keep your chargers in hooks or storage after every use.
- Hide and organize cords. You can use cable ties, binder clips or cable shorteners. You can also create or build a charging dock from used boxes to hide your cable clutter.
- For a fresh-smelling house, you can use different materials found inside your home. Place coffee beans in a glass container and place a tea light in the middle. Eliminate stinky smell of boiling water mixed with baking soda. You can also try to vacuum Downy Unstoppables to keep the nasty smell out of your vacuum.
Got no time for cleaning? You can always ask for help. Many cleaning companies offer professional home cleaning services which can clean your house on schedule. There are lots of companies ready to do the dirty work for you, so you just need to sit back, relax, and pay the fee, of course.