When it comes to backyard landscaping, sometimes it can be a challenge to decide what exactly you want out of your outdoor space. There are so many different directions you could take for making it uniquely your own! Luckily, we have a few suggestions to help you get started with backyard landscaping.
These 5 ideas will provide you with some inspiration to get creative with your personal corner of nature, regardless of your particular taste and no matter the size of your backyard:
- Create meandering paths. Perfect for exploring your extensive grounds, admiring luscious flower gardens, or just adding a little pizzaz to a smaller space, paths can range from elaborate, wide walkways to tiny stepping stones and everything in between. Paths add character and help your backyard to tell a story: they direct guests from one point in the yard to the next so that no part of it is left unnoticed, epitomizing the quintessential outdoor experience.
- Add a water feature. From fountains to pools, backyard water features make for an excellent focal point. If you want to draw the eye and command attention — plus have fun by playing with the elements! — then incorporating a water feature of any kind amidst the greenery will do just the trick. The classic look of a water feature will catapult you to a whole other world the moment you step outside your backdoor.
- Go bold with garden walls and pillars. Statement-making garden walls and pillars are ideal if you want to provide your outdoor space with extra majesty and grandeur. The added dimension can make any yard look stunning. Garden walls and pillars can also help to break up your backyard, so they are an excellent choice if you want to separate various areas in your outdoor space (for example, between the entertainment area, the kids’ section, and your garden beds).
- Build the perfect patio. Perhaps one of the most versatile features to include in your backyard, a patio will provide comfortable sitting areas to enjoy on your own with a nice cup of coffee, to spend a summer evening eating dinner with the family, or to entertain guests on the weekends — so that you’ll never want to leave your outdoor space! A patio coming out directly from the backdoor will present you with a full view of your backyard, or you might want to consider a patio tucked away in the middle of your yard, so that visitors can get the complete immersive experience.
- Embrace outdoor cooking. Yes, you really can get cooking in the great outdoors — and not just over a fire pit, either. In fact, you can build an entire outdoor kitchen in your own backyard! Whether you’re a gourmet pizza fan or more interested in hosting parties with an outdoor bar, you’ll have more than a few options to choose from with some DIY kitchen sets.ands
What kind of outdoor living experience will you capture in your own backyard? Get more ideas and inspiration in thisbeautiful outdoor living spaces gallery.