An evaporative cooling device is much different from a usual air conditioner as the cooling here is done through the process of evaporation of water. The system works by exploiting the heat of vaporization where the temperature of the dry air may be significantly dropped through the transition of water into vapor. So, this entire mechanism may cool the air without using much of energy and so it is better than refrigeration. You can save your power consumption bill by this evaporating cooling system and you can easily install them at anyplace as per your need.
Why would you need an Evaporating Cooling System?
If you stay in a dry climate, it is even better to choose evaporative cooling system as it may condition the air and add moisture to it. This will make the occupants more comfortable. Here water is used to cool the air. The cooling property of water is combined with the steady breeze in order to lower the indoor temperature. If you are looking forward to choosing this type of cooling system, you need to consider some tips and guidelines. Only after considering them, you can make an informed buying decision.
Evaporating cooling system has an added advantage of increasing the moisture level of the air. This is great for the occupants as they may breathe in moisture rich air to prevent a variety of ailments including skin problems. But, there is a need for water source. There are many who go for evaporative cooling and avoid the air conditioners. Apart from that, this is an eco-friendly cooling process and you do not need to fill any harmful gases in the cooling system. So, you can save the planet from the harmful gases and you can keep your room cool in a natural process.
Consider the Appropriate kind of Cooler for your Home
When it comes to swamp coolers, they may be of various kinds. Prior to availing this system, you need to know the types of cooling systems. You should know actually what fulfills your needs. The following are some of the kinds:
- Direct model is the foremost kind of evaporative cooling which cools the surrounding air which gets released to the medium. So, in a way, the humidity level is increased and the stagnant air is eliminated.
- Indirect model is different from direct model as it uses evaporative media suitable for inside tower. It actually cools water to an apt level.
- Up Draft is used generally or installed into the floor of the house. This is the cooling system which drives the cool air to the upward direction.
- Down draft unit is another kind of cooling system where the installation is carried out on the roof. Here the cool air is moved to the downward direction. Although popular among the homeowners, this type of cooling system needs proper maintenance.
- Side draft unit, as the name suggests, is installed to the side of the home and into the window. It blows cool air directly inside the house and functions much like a window AC.
- For a small living area, portable coolers are the best. You may use it in the individual room also.
Among so many cooling systems, you need to choose a suitable one. Consider the merits, the demerits and the kind of maintenance work needed.
When choosing an evaporative cooling system, you need to determine the brand you would like to go for. There are many popular brands to fulfill your needs and it is your task to choose a best one cooling system as per the reputation.