Sliding glass doors are designed to open horizontally and they consist of two kinds of channels which is known as the operational and stationary panel. It easily fits into spaces and don’t have space constrictions. The sliding glass doors are so designed as to bring a grace and effortless operation. They can complement any room or space with their design and visibility. Sliding glass doors can enhance the interior design of your space.
The user-friendly sliding glass doors also help in other matters like
- Natural light pass through panels of glass in the doors separated by frames.
- The sliding glass doors swing open to one side from the centre hinges, either right or left as you choose.
- They are available in a wide range of colours and materials and even mirrors.
- The sliding glass doors save space in any room.
- With new technology and so much increase in the demand of the sliding glass doors, they are available in very light weight version
- A sliding door system designed for lightweights up to 50 kg is quite slender that even small doors appear to be generously proportioned.
Some of the salient features of the sliding glass doors:
- Modular system
- Can be used where space is limited
- Also, suitable for wet rooms
- Clamp-type fittings – no glass preparation required
- Long service life
- easy wall installation
- Silent operation, and the precise latching of the doors
One system – many solutions:
- The sliding glass doors offer versatility in the truest sense of the word. The system can be fixed either to the wall, to the ceiling or to a glass over panel.
Easy in Operation:
With clamp-type fittings, the need to drill and cut the glass gets eliminated.
Long service life:
- The exceptional longevity of the system has also been proven in tests involving more than 50,000 instances.
- Corrosion résistance- the panels used are corrosion resistant and can be used in humid areas.
Benefits to the Installer:
- The need to cut the glass drill is eliminated as fittings come in clamp type fittings.
- The fittings are fast and simple which saves a lot of time and money.
- The ease of handling and a systematic implementing makes the work of the installer very easy.
sliding glass door
Sliding glass doors for patio
Sliding patio doors are crafted for smooth operation. Standard sliding patio doors again tend to work best on horizontal tracks. A sliding door can be designed for either a right-hand or left-hand operation. There is no doubt that when the patio area is considered you want to minimize movement hazards. Hence, the smooth sliding doors made of glass offer you the flexibility of view without obstructing space.
The DIY of fixing sliding glass doors:
- The first thing you need to do is to remove the trim around the glass. Slide a putty knife in between the trim and the door and then use a hammer to ease it off. Be careful not to bend or damage the trim as you work, and wear the gloves to protect your hands during the job since broken glass is obviously a hazard.
- Measure both the height and width of the opening. Any glass shop will be able to cut a panel to the size you specify. If possible, have them deliver the glass, they will know how best to pack it to protect it from damage.
- Put a bead of caulk on the inside of the frame. Gently ease the sliding glass doorsinto place and then put another thin bead of caulk on top of the glass. To finish, you’ll need to remove any of the caulk that might have squeezed out.
The sliding glass door complements any space that they are used in.