Finding the right type of flooring for your home needs some thought to make sure your choice fulfills your goals. Every type of flooring has its pros and cons but epoxy flooring has many benefits and is worth serious consideration. It can significantly increase the value of your home.
Epoxy flooring for homes can provide these benefits:
• Appearance — compared to the typical dull cement floor, epoxy floors are bright and shiny. Cleaning up any mess is easy because the floor being smooth and even makes it easy to sweep and maintain and most substances do not stick to this kind of floor.
• Affordability — because it can be installed directly over concrete and other types of flooring this brings down the price compared to other flooring.
• Resistance — epoxy floors are highly resistant to almost anything—gasoline, transmission fluid, oil, bleach and cleaners to name a few. This is why they are often used in garages, carports and driveways. In addition to withstanding all these chemical spills, epoxy floors coating is also heat and water-resistant.
Epoxy floors are also resistant to any germs and bacteria, making them easy to sanitize. This quality makes them an ideal choice for playrooms and kitchens.
• Durability — the only material that beats epoxy floors for durability is concrete but cement floors need to be properly sealed and maintained and epoxy floors require concrete beneath it. The combination of concrete and epoxy floor coating creates an exceptionally durable floor.
• Protective qualities — epoxy coating will protect the underlying concrete from stains, cracks, grease and moisture. Over time, this will save you costs for cleaning and maintenance.
• Longevity — when installed properly, it can last for several decades without peeling or cracking.
• Variety — epoxy is available in many colors that give a smooth and elegant sheen to your floor. You can also arrange the design into personalized patterns. This can be an economical way to improve the appearance of plain concrete and add to the attractiveness of your home.
• Safety — epoxy on a garage floor improves visibility by reflecting light off the floor and improves brightness by 200 percent.
Along with all these advantages, there have also been advancements in the manufacture and application methods, which are making the application easier and quicker. When the epoxy flooring is professionally installed, you get a rich looking, tough and beautifully finished floor that will last for years.