When we visit someone’s house, the first thing that catches our eye is the way they have furnished their house. It can tell you a lot about a person’s preferences. The same thing applies to you. When others visit your house, they second guess your habits and preferences by the presentation and furnishing of your house.
Designing or decorating your home is something that needs a lot of planning and execution. It can’t be done in the spur of the moment. You need to stay updated with the latest trends, estimate your budget etc. If you have never done this job before, it can take a toll on you. Also, you might not achieve the desired perfection in the end. To avoid such unnecessary trouble, you should look for interior designers in Kochi.
Interior designers can turn your dream house into a reality. They design several projects around the year. It’s their expertise that gives them an edge over common folks. They are well versed with different forms of styles, they are aware of the latest trends in the market, they accommodate the wishes of the customers, and the list is endless.
To take benefit of the services availed by them, you should contact them firsthand. But, before that, there are certain basic rules of decorating the house that you should be aware of. These rules are as follows:
- Colour Scheme – If you get down to deciding colours for all the rooms, bathrooms, kitchen etc, remember that same code of colour pattern won’t apply to all the places. It’s because every colour has a different purpose, and isn’t suitable for all places. For example, light blue colour may look beautiful in the bathroom or kid’s room but it may not suit the living room space. Living room space needs to be eye-catching and a very light colour may not do the job effectively.
At times, you may feel like choosing one single colour for all the four walls of the room. Do not go with this idea ahead in any case. It will make your room appear dull. The colour that you choose is bound to affect the ambience of your room. Hence, instead of sticking to one colour, you should choose three of them. One nude colour should be selected for the front wall. The second colour should be eye-catching that highlights your furniture. Third colour should be such that it emphasizes the presence of articles present in your room such as flowerpot, photo frame etc. Even after that, if you decide to stick to one colour, choose different shades which will have the same effect as choosing three different colours.
- Selection of furniture– Once you decide upon the colour combination of your living space, the next thing that you need to look up is furniture that will be adorning your house. The objective behind putting the furniture is in your living space should be twofold. Firstly, it should be convenient for you to use and should not be placed merely as a showpiece. Secondly, the furniture that you select should be in line with the colour combination of your room. Many times, people end up filling their room with whatever piece of furniture catches their attention. Instead of giving the room an elegant appearance, it makes it look cluttered.. Do not fill up your space with one kind of furniture. For example, you can choose a coffee table with slender legs and skirted stools for your drawing room. But if you place too many bean bags or single-seater futons in your drawing room, it may not appear very elegant.
- Mirrors– If you ever open magazines to seek ideas for your dream house, you will notice mirrors in almost every second picture. Why is it so? It’s because every interior designer considers the mirror to be a beauty that enhances the appearance of the home.
The best part about the mirror is that you can use it in any part of your house, be it bathroom, personal room, cooking space, porch, drawing room etc. For example, if you have a small apartment which looks cramped, you can use a mirror to make it appear large. It will double the space room. You can use a mirror on the ceiling or in place of tiles. Mirror has a personalized touch and can be used for different purposes.
- Flowers– Do you ever visit a friend’s house and wonder why they have flower pots placed in corners of each room? Floral arrangements occupy a favourite place in a designer’s heart. Floral arrangements emanate freshness and give a natural vibe to your home. People prefer artificial or fake flowers to natural ones. But it’s a grave mistake. Artificial flowers look childish and steal elegance. Whereas, you can always buy vases, small flower pots for adorning the corners of your rooms. They are available in different sizes and won’t put too much pressure on your pocket.
- Use of Rugs– Remember a time when Persian rugs were the talk of the town? Well, they weren’t the centre of conversation for nothing. They would make any space look elegant, royal and well furnished. Until a few years ago, rugs were considered a luxury. They could only be afforded by the elites of society. But with the changing trends, rugs are available at different prices. They come in a variety of colours. When you are decorating your living room or personal room, you can use rugs on the floor. If your floor is completely tiled, the rug will enhance the appearance of the room.
These basic rules are something that every man should be aware of. It can come to your use in the most unexpected circumstances.
Well, now that you are aware of the rules, you need to look for an interior designer who can turn your dream house into a reality. For that, you need to google interior designers in Kochi. You will find a list of top-notch designers of the city who will lend you a hand in building your dream house.
But when you context an interior designer, do go through their previous work. It will give you a fair share of idea whether their design will suit your dream project or not. If you wish to hire them for furnishing your house, reach out to them via mail or call. Do not forget to put forth your expectation in front of them in the initial meetings itself. This will help you in avoiding unnecessary complications and misunderstandings. Discuss the budget and other important details by second or third meeting. It’s not as tough as it appears to be. Once you reach out to an interior designer, you will be good to go ahead with your project. Good luck!